CELICA GT (2000)
Bleed the Cooling System
Excerpts from the Toyota Manual
Remove the upper front fender apron seal and upper radiator support seal.
Remove the 2 bolts.
Disconnect the 3 clamps and 2 hoses, then place hoses on air cleaner case.
Lift the engine coolant reservoir and hook it on a hood latch to fix.
Remove the bleeder plug.
(Referring to refilling the system) Supply coolant of approx. 3.7 liters into the reserve tank until the level reaches FULL line.
- Use of improper coolants may damage engine cooling system.
- Use "Toyota Long Life Coolant" or equivalent and mix it with plain water according to the manufactures directions.
- Use of the coolant which includes more than 50% [freezing protection down to-35°C (-31 °F)] or 60% [freezing protection down to -50°C (-58°F)] of ethylene-glycol is recommended, but not more than 70%.
- Do not use an alcohol type coolant or plain water alone.
- The coolant should be mixed with plain water (preferably demineralized water or distilled water).
(Referring to refilling the system) When the level can not be lowered before the supply of the 3.7 liters coolant, squeeze the radiator lower hose several times while blocking the hole in the bleeder plug with a finger, and surely,(slowly?) supply the coolant.
Start the engine with the reservoir cap and the bleeder plug removed and warm it up until the cooling fan blows first and then stops.